U Strand (You, Unmissable, Unusual, Unthinkable, United strand) – mini intensive courses which are all about ‘you’ and ‘satisfying politics’
Physical bursts of energy/exchange between participants of FUL. A structural device to catch participants’ impulses to learn/teach on whatever their fancy determines.
Time: varies (depends on U)
Location: varies (depends on U
Running U Strand courses:
- ‘Better Late Than Never: How to read a Newspaper’ meetings on Mondays at 9:30am, Bold Street Coffee. Bring a newspaper to share.
- A Guided Detour of Liverpool by a Meandering Outsider – November 19th, meet Next to Nowhere, 10:30am
- Crack Capitalism – a northern excursion – November 28th, 29th, 30th
- Conspiracy in the Hour of the Wolf – December 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th at 3am-4am
Suggested U Strand courses:
- Making a Committee Mask – a physical engagement with archetypes of leadership and representation – January 21st, 22nd and either 20th or 23rd 201
- Tactics for Movement – protest movements – 25th and 26th February
A number of ideas of U Strand were voices ranging from chutney making through accordion playing to reading newspapers collectively on Thursday mornings over coffee in the cafe. Each course initiator needs to suggest time/place/length of each U course and make it happen. Might be best, in the first instance, to email firstname.lastname@example.org and assess interest/availability.